Gersh Academy at West Hills Day Camp
Gersh Academy at West Hills Day Camp is a program designed to give children on the autism spectrum the ultimate summer camp experience. Children with special needs enjoy customized activities in a safe, nurturing environment that facilitates social and life skills learning, while promoting personal growth under the supervision of experienced, qualified professionals.
West Hills Day Camp: Tailored to meet each child’s needs
Our program has been carefully crafted to meet the needs of children on the autism spectrum, including:
- Small group sizes with a 1:3 staff-to-camper ratio
- Weekly and/or daily progress reports with parents
- Door-to-door pick up and drop off
- Occupational therapy, speech therapy, individual and group counseling
Gersh Academy at West Hills Day Camp is situated on 18 breathtaking acres with 7 heated swimming pools, tennis courts, athletic fields, a beautiful pond for fishing and boating with a new three-tier waterfall, high and low ropes courses.
At West Hills Day Camp, each camper can explore his or her own interests, all while developing important life skills and having a blast! Each day, our campers participate in carefully customized activities based on their individual social, emotional and intellectual capabilities. Take a look at what we have in store for our campers this year!
- Instruction in soccer, baseball, basketball, and tennis on West Hills’ extensive sports facilities
- Action-packed team-building activities, including zip lining and ATV courses
- Creative arts programming in ceramics, woodworking, drawing, dance, drama and music
- Leisure swim and swim lessons
- Technology, including digital photography, computers, A/V production and radio station
- Delicious and healthy new food service provided by Long Island’s popular Gemini Deli
- 8-Week Session: June 29-August 21
- 4-Week Session 1: June 29-July 24
- 4-Week Session 2: July 27-August 21
- Any 6 or 7 Weeks: June 29-August 21
We offer part time programs for younger campers and day trip options for older campers. Extended hours are also available at no extra charge to accommodate working parents.
Gersh Academy at West Hills Day Camp staff will be available to meet with interested parents at our Open House on March 7th from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. If you have questions or would like to register for the Open House, please fill out the form below or call us at 631-427-6700.